Worlds & Time

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Some Short Comments

I'm working toward having my book ready for submission in the next week or so, which will be very nice. In the meantime, here are some comments about how the week has gone:

Maybe it's just because he's a movie star, but one of our guests had a slew of odd requests, including one that had me scrubbing down women's clear plastic heels with club soda for his daughter. That and apparently he likes Wendy's and Heineken. Which is cool, cause I like Wendy's too.

One of my bellmen left for school, which sucks cause he was one of the good guys. However, he could get a hockey scholarship out of the deal, so more power to him.

The second of my cool bellmen was helping the above mentioned movie star, and despite spending a huge amount of time and effort on him, including getting ice and removing room service trays and all sorts of other things, only got a five dollar tip. This is funny because it's less than I got for the shoes.

The third of my good bellmen has turned out to be the most interesting single person that I've ever met. He's only nineteen but he's had an absolutely incredible life. I listened for about an hour, and then had to start taking notes. Wow, just wow. Such an amazing guy (and the best bellman that I've ever had).

Last Wednesday, I woke up and decided that I wanted to submit my book sometime in the next week, so I was thinking about work issues. I've been trying to start my own company, but I never expected that by Wednesday night, I would have two employees, which now has me curious about what health benefits they'll need.

Today, Friday, I went to visit a really good friend of mine named Mike. I took a left instead of a right, and ended up in the area that Christopher calls the void. If I hadn't gotten stuck ain the mud bout a half mile in, I could have died out there, lost in the huge open spaces. I hiked for about a mile, and managed to get a weak cell phone signal that I used to call for help. It was really embarassing.

I've seen Mike's house now. The house is quite literally a symphony, although I'm not going to explain how. It's probably one of the most beautiful places that I've even seen. It's not a place I could live, but it's a place that I want to visit, maybe get stuck out there for a few days during a storm. It has one of those views that some people would kill for.

So, that's a quick synopsis of where I've been and what I've seen this week. I happen to think that it's worth mentioning, cause really it's been an interesting week to live through.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home