Worlds & Time

Monday, October 29, 2007

Bad TV

I get a guilty pleasure in watching bad television sometimes. Normally I'm a Law & Order, Heroes, House kind of guy, but sometimes, when I don't think that anyone is around, I'll turn on something really bad from MTV or VH1.

I've been tuning into America's Most Smartest Model on VH1 because it fulfills both of the two basic requirements for what I consider excellent bad television: It features extremely attractive men that parade around in little clothing and it doesn't take itself too seriously. Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency, Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List, and some seasons of the Real World all fit these requirements as well.

Watching the episode tonight entertained me in another cool way. During the "edge" challenge that happens in the beginning of the episode and is the basis for the "Most Smartest" part of the show's title, they had to do science projects. Two of the groups did fairly well (and the two incredibly hot guys came up with a creative presentation), but some of the other models had trouble with exceedingly simple science projects.

I'm not brilliant. My time at the University of Rochester proved that, but at least I have a basic understanding of simple concepts in science. The people on this show don't even have that.

I know that it's stereotypical to consider models stupid, but Janice Dickinson has a model that's got her doctorate. I'm sure it wouldn't have been that hard to find a slew of want-to-be models that don't have trouble with large words.

Or more men with six-pack abs.

Still, some of the people on the show have personality, especially the Russian guy, which makes it relatively worth watching.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home