Worlds & Time

Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Symbol of Happiness

Today while I was driving on the highway I was passed by a brand new silvery sky blue Mustang convertible with two cute guys in it. The guy driving was clean cut with olive skin and dark hair and the guy in the passenger seat had long curly blond hair and his head was tilted to the side. Above them the sun was illuminating the tops of the curly clouds and making them burn in the bright light and casting rays of light everywhere.

Both looked utterly peaceful and happy.

Granted, there's a fair bent of consumerism inherent in that statement of happiness but to a certain extent I think that to be happy in our current culture requires the security that money can provide. I'm not happy about that, but I accept it as a kind of inarguable truth in this day and age.

I realize there's a gap through July. I did go to London and Ireland. I'll have to fill that in.

Also: Happy 08/08/08. The Olympic opening ceremonies were pretty impressive, eh?

1 Comments:

  • I heart you and miss you and am wishing you lots of peace and happiness in your heart.

    By Blogger ashley, at 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home