Worlds & Time

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Sick

I've been really sick for a few days. Yesterday I left a message for my little brother to buy me some Dayquil.

I get a call back from his roommate, Piper, asking why I'm trying to reach him and I explain that I want some Dayquil so that I can go to work.

About thirty minutes later, Piper, my little brother, and Ezra all show up at my door with a Barbie bag of gifts. They got me an economy size box of Dayquil, tissues, a huge bar of chocolate and a pair of super-bright orange socks that are fuzzy and soft.

There was also a card that reads: "I remember once when I was feeling down, a friend of mine slapped me in the face and said, 'Pull yourself together and take charge of your life because if anyone's a winner, you are.'" On the inside it says "We no longer speak."

It was the high point of my week. I mean, talk about really amazing.

Thanks a bunch Piper, Matt and Ezra.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home