Worlds & Time

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

End of the Gay World

So I was watching Dance Life on MTV, and I've decided that gay culture is doomed.

I have to say that I don't belong to gay culture very well anyway. I don't like going to clubs, my fashion sense is nearly nonexistent, and most of the time I'd rather hang out with geeks.

Still, dancing is something that we're supposed to dominate in. Blake must be gay, or at least I want him to be gay (then again, I am attracted to him so that should warn me that he's straight). The other two guys are pretty arrow straight (but not narrow or anything like that).

I don't know if it's just me, but that isn't enough gay on a show about professional dancers. It seems to be a trend too. There still doesn't seem to be representational amounts of gay people on the television that I have access too. I don't have Showtime (and Logo) but we're gay. Why aren't we marketing ourselves better than that?

I mean, shouldn't we have every male slot on Project Runway? Are we still only putting a gay person on the cover of OUT once in a blue moon?

We're such a commercially successful minority, which is why I don't understand this recent dearth of pretty gay boys on television. Don't we control all the marketing companies?

I was in Borders today, and I guess I was yearning for a little bit more gay inclusiveness, and I was looking for a gay romance section. I guess I just wanted something light and fluffy with cute male characters that I could fantasize about. I couldn't find anything, but if anyone has a recommendation, let me know.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home